NRoSO Workshops 2021-2022
Find details on our upcoming online NRoSO workshops ...
Details of this year's interactive workshop:
Hutchinsons are offering online operator training during January and February of the new NRoSO annual update course and you are now able to book and pay for places (dates, times and booking links below).
A new requirement this year is that all operators must login to the City & Guilds website after their training and complete a short ‘test & check’ multiple choice exam on the coursework. After which, the NRoSO CPD points will be allocated to their account. The training fee with Hutchinsons includes the cost of this additional test and our trainers will issue all delegates with a link to access the test at the end of each training course.
Current Issues, Adjuvants, Sprayer Maintenance and Technology
UK Farmers, Growers and their sprayer operators have been increasing their awareness of best practice regarding pesticide application over recent years. During the last decade the NRoSO annual training events (roadshows) have been a major source of update training for operators and this year members are invited to participate again in an interactive training event that focuses on how to avoid things going wrong and what “best practice” actually means on the farm.
There are workshops on arable crops and fruit.
Operators will have the opportunity to share tips and solutions that work for them and learn from their colleagues and others attending the event, best practice techniques that they could adopt in the future.
This year’s event is divided into four sections:
- The first section is Current Issues. This covers items that are in the national news and that we feel are worth discussing in more detail. This section may also cover specific local issues that your presenter will tailor to your geographical area or crop production system.
- The second section is Adjuvants. In this section we will look at the role of adjuvants in the spray process, including approvals, adjuvant groups and reasons for use.
- The third section is Sprayer Maintenance. In this section we will explore a range of applicator features, including how they work, diagnosing problems and basic maintenance.
- The final section is Application and Technology. In this section we will look at current application best practice and new technology.
Delegates will receive:
- Delegate workbook (editable PDF)
- Digital credential (upon successful completion of test and check)
- Current Issues
- Sprayer Maintenance
- Application and Technology
- Review and Reflection
This workshop is part of the farming and crop protection industry’s Voluntary Initiative to minimise the environmental impacts of pesticides. This workshop will attract 10 CPD points for National Register of Sprayer Operators (NRoSO) members.
Please check below for links to book onto the courses we are offering.